Monday, November 19, 2012

The sexy ultrasound edition.

19 weeks, 5 days!

Today was the sexy ultrasound!!!  By that I mean - she could determine the Appleseed's sex!

I was rather nervous and excited all morning.  I was sort of freaking about drinking 1.5 litres of water and then not peeing.  Like, I use the ladies room every hour or two...how on earth was I going to be able to do this!?!?

And I was a bit worried about birth defects.  We skipped the down's syndrome blood test (on purpose, but...), so I was hoping we'd see a healthy little Appleseed in there.

Everything looked good, all the bits and pieces in the right order.  Phew!  I made sure to ask to confirm Appleseed had a four chambered heart, after reading this informative website.

And now what you've been waiting for........

IT'S A GIRL!!!!

Wow.  Our little Appleseed-ette!  I almost cried in the ultrasound office!  Suddenly it is so much more real - I'm having a little girl!  Yikes!  Wowzas!  So exciting!!!!

I've been accidentally slipping in a 'she' here and there, and then correcting myself - but I was right!  I had a dream last night Appleseed was a boy - but I was wrong!  Hah.

Appleseed is measuring just 2 days shy of average for 19 wks 5 days - maybe really I ought to be due on April 13th instead of April 10th, I am thinking.  If I am lucky enough to make it that far, I won't stress about being overdue until maybe a week or so after that, then.  The 23rd.  :)

BUT, Appleseed's legs are measuring a bit later - aka, she is 'tall'!  Wow!  Well, a tiny bit tall.  Cool, right?

There was this cool moment when the tech (who turned out to be from my home town) wasn't moving the ultrasound wand and we were just looking at Appleseed - she looked so chill in there.  She had one legged crossed over the other, and she was sucking her fingers - just hanging out, having a nice afternoon!  Love it!

Oh, and I just realised I have not yet updated the final decision:  I am not going to Vietnam.  I don't really think Appleseed would have been in any danger, but this just seemed...easiest.

6 comments:

  1. AHHHH!
    Congrats! Yay for a healthy girl!!!
    Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your little girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww YAY!! Congrats on your sweet little girl! So glad you both are doing well! So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! O CS....I am so happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so wonderful! A sweet baby girl! You are almost halfway there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. AHHHHH, I had a hunch it was going to be a girl. Oh my, I am getting a package to send out to you right now and let's just say knowing it is a girl makes packing it a whole lot easier! :) Congratulations on your sweet little girl!!!
    God Bless,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete

Appleseed grows

Lilypie Maternity tickers