Saturday, April 13, 2013

Eggplant parm!

40 weeks, 3 days

So I went for a massage yesterday.  It was part Craniosacral, reflexology, part regular shoulder massage.  It was definitely different from any massage I'd had before.  She didn't really use much pressure.  But by the end, I was SUPER relaxed.  Was that just because I was like, "CS, don't use this time to think about errands, use it to think about positive birth imaging & breathing", or was it the actual massage?  Don't know.

Today I'm going to make eggplant Parmesan for dinner - Hypnobirthing says this will bring on labour.  :)  I'm not so sure of that - but it will be a tasty dinner for DH and I!  (and I'm making a grain-free lemon cake for desert - WHAT!  sounds yum!)

I've done some reading about interventions this morning.  I don't think I want any (well, if eggplant were to work, that would technically be an intervention...).  BUT, at 42 weeks, the ball game changes, and here I will be transferred to an OB who will want to induce.  So the midwives like to do early not super invasive interventions before we get to that magical 42 weeks date.

But it seems everything I've read seems the whole thing goes a lot smoother with no interventions at all, baby comes when ready.   But, there does seem to be some risk going past 42 weeks.  Not sure I want to play there.

Also, she suggest I may want to try blue/black cohosh at 41 weeks.  I need to be getting down with the google on that, I am quite wary.

In general, my BH have subsided somewhat.  They only seem to come when walking now.  I've been trying to be good about walking - except for yesterday - it is mega winter here (?  Hello, spring?  Where art thou?), I wasn't down with a mid-winter walk, for reasons of wimpyness.

I'm having some round ligament pain, but it's no big deal.  I've also been trying some stretch suggestions from spinning babies - they say labour is all about position, right?  So I want Appleseed to be in the best position possible. 

All in all, I never really got that "get the baby out of here, now!" mentality.  I want her to leave when she's ready.  I loooove being pregnant, and I appreciate it.  No reason to end early.  (Well, unless there are valid medical reasons, of course).  Sure it is a bit uncomfortable at times... but whatev.  I'm still so lucky to even be here. 

4 comments:

  1. I love that you love being pregnant! :) I had so many people who just assumed that I was crabby at the end of my pregnancy, but I was so happy! It annoyed me that they assumed I wasn't. :) Have you tried EPO? I've heard it can help bring on labor. I didn't use very much so I can't speak from personal experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so positive, and I love that! You're taking good care of yourself and doing a great job with all these ideas. I keep thinking of you and wondering when she will come! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read some good stuff here. Definitely value bookmarking for revisiting. I surprise how so much attempt you set to create one of these magnificent informative site.

    My website :: Www.elhawanem.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree w/the others...you are one happy 40week preggo lady! I am so excited for you and can not wait to hear how your birth goes...I know you will do fantastic! Can not wait to see (well, maybe you wont post pics) appleseed...sending you positive thoughts!!

    ReplyDelete

Appleseed grows

Lilypie Maternity tickers