I am on the third in a string of colds. Like, WTIF! My Dad says people that get string colds either have poor hygiene or poor immune systems. Since I have not changed my hygeniene, it means my immune system is low. What the heck! Ok, more working out for me.
And this third one has been a doozy - fever yesterday (had to leave work, I was in a bad way), and a little today (did not go in today, stayed on the bed/couch all day). I don't know about y'all, but a fever (it was < 39'C, so not serious) I find so painful! My skin hurts like crazy, particularly if it gets anything approaching cold.
But here is what I am finding annoying - I've been crying at the drop of a hat. WTIF! This doesn't normally happen in my follicular phase, maybe towards the end of luteal phase. Can a cold/flu cause you to weep? I was watching some silly law show on tv this afternoon, and someone said "in the best interest of the children" and I had like projectile tears leap to my eyes. I cried at least a minute. THEY WERE TALKING ABOUT A CHIMPANZEE. Seriously. (roll of my eyes). It isn't like I'm happy or sad, I just can't stop crying. So weird.
Anyway, new prayer buddy, I welcome you aboard the cruise ship IF ME, please pray for me to stop having random crying jags?
I can't go into work like this. I am a total disaster. The crying is over the top, never mind the disgusting nose/cough thing. TMI, the cough has progressed to the almost-but-not-quite throwing up stage, because I am coughing so hard. What a joy.
I think I will do a double High Low Thankful for today, I can't fit it all in a single.
- I won Nanowrimo! (as you can see by the sidebar at the left). Phew! It was tight this year! Thank you Feather, it was nice working with you! :) (We companion novelled)
- E is preggers!!! NATURALLY! On only 3 months of taking inositol to help her PCOS! (vitamin) Super awesome. [And we are talking a lady here who hasn't had a period in years - not an easy case!] Looking forward to seeing her and the rest of the TO IF gals in January!
- A girl I went to school with had a baby last week, and it was diagnosed with a genetic kidney disease. She may not live past one, and will need a transplant when she is two. Pray for baby Dylan.
- Ok, I don't really think I have a second low. Something to do with this sickness, probably. All the gory bits are already up above.
- To the person who invented adding lotion to Kleenex - you have my sincerest thanks! I am now out of the fancy Kleenex until DH gets home, my raw nose certainly thanks you.
- Despite warning me to wear a warmer jacket and saying he wouldn't take care of me if I got sick again, my DH has done just that. He took excellent care of me yesterday - and today he made me a pot of homemade turkey soup before he left for work, so I just had to heat it up all day. And this is embarrassing, but he actually had to spoon feed me (homemade) broth yesterday during my low point.