State of the Union - November 2011 edition.
Here is a review of the things we are/arn't doing for fertility. I first did this in Feb 2011, let's see how much it has changed...wow, it has changed a TON. I have practically given up all my tomfoolery. We've moved into 'hoping things just work out' while waiting for IUI #2. I guess it has been that I was so so so careful for so many months, and either way it is dissapointment, so I've moved to just rolling with it.
Details if you are interested:
- Plenty of sleep every night. I rarely wake up still tired. [Still on - well, November is hard with Nanowrimo, but in general, yes]
- Trying to get daily exercise. (Sit on the spin bike while I watch American Idol, it is true) [Nope - have been totally flaking on exercise lately]
- pH diet (sort of) - my pH does seem to be moving! All those dandelion greens/kale/mineral water was worth it after all! [Stopped. I am now into "Nourishing Traditions" type of eating.]
- Acupuncture once a week with Dr. T [Stopped. Did not work.]
- Chinese herbs twice a day [Stopped. Made things worse.]
- Fish Oil pills usually daily (incl. Cod Liver Oil since we're in Vitamin D winter for a while still) [Sometimes]
- Preggo vit... about 4/7 days a week (I keep them at work to have after lunch - I cannot have a vitamin in the morning, I will literally throw up. My Dad is like this too.) [Stopped. Dr Nora doesn't like multi-vits, and I haven't really gotten around to buying more...]
- Read IF blogs like it's going out of style (love them/you all! my fav. hobby!) [Still keeping up, but I'm not as obsessed as I was]
- Pineapple core at ~7DPO [Stopped. This didn't work.]
- Oysters several days leading up to ovulation, to ensure DH's man juice is up to snuff (um, and it is yummmmmy) [Not really anymore... should get back to eating mroe oysters, they are yummy and full of zinc]
- Track all fertility signs on a new improved fancy excel spreadsheet - CM, cervical position/feeling, BBT, etc. [Stopped. Too much work, no one to care now anyway, since I don't go to acupuncture anymore.]
- Use those lovely (cheap) tests strips to check when LH surge is - I now have tons of them, I love testing things, don't know why I wasn't doing this before - oh, right, because if you buy them at the drugstore they are hella expensive... [Stopped. Although I often think of buying more...]
- Test the pH of my fertile CM - it still fails to make the grade (but I have high hopes for next months) [Stopped. No longer care.]
- Cut way down on decaf coffee/decaf black tea [Stopped. During Nov I am drinking decaf coffee with goat milk almost every day]
- Limiting wheat - not necessarily all gluten, just wheat for now [Stopped. Now I am grinding my own flour and soaking it overnight to help with enzymes]
- Cutting down on my dear goat milk (cow milk is OUT - I can't tolerate it) [Stopped. Love goat milk. Ramping up.]
- Check out my tongue to see pinkness instead of redness [I still do this. After IUI #1 it was crazy and cracked, but it is mostly healed from that. Now I am more concered with cracking than colour, come to think of it.]
- Use lots preseed during BD to help with pH [Stopped. Only use occasionally now.]
- Keep my knees up in the air for like 1.5hrs when we BD after LH surge [Ok, yes, for the most likely time during a cycle]
- Still take really hot showers, and haven't as yet taken pre/post shower temp to see if my temp goes up too much. [Now that it is cold out, I'm back to these scorching showers, and I love them.]
- Have been transferred to a new RE, hopefully will have an appt set up soon [Still witth that RE]
- DH is seeing a specialist just in case, had another sample taken [DH has had surgery, numbers improved, and plateau'd]
- Taking daily herbal tinctures for adrenal support, follicular/luteal phase support.
- Daily chormium, vitamin C with bioflavinoids, vitamin B complex
- DH takes daily vitamin C with bioflavinoids, vitamin B complex, zinc, copper, selenium
Things I/we don't do:
It is CD18, so I have a few more days of sanity left. Then here's to hoping, but not expecting to be expecting....
- Rush. If you recall, I gave it up. [I still do try this, but lately haven't been as good as I would like.]
- No caffeine for me - not even chocolate (or maybe just a tiny bit once in a while) [Still on.]
- Barely any booze - maybe one glass of wine per week, if that. Alcohol does seem to affect me negatively (I notice I'm more cotton-headed the next day), so this is potentially a very good thing to give it up for a while. Likely I will imbibe while on vacation. [LOL. I have alcohol once in a while still.]
- DH no longer rides a bike - just in case. This is too bad, since we have a spin bike in the basement, really only I can use it right now. [Still on]
- No high fru.ctose corn syrup (or "corn sugar" as it will be rebranded soon) [Still on]
- No aspartame (DH sorely misses his C.oke 0! As do I on occasion. Um.. and it made my vision blurry sometimes. Probably not good - my vision is already incredibly terrible.) [Still on]
- No snuggling with DH in the morning until after BBT - sucks, right? [I don't BBT anymore, so this is stopped.]
- No baths. I haven't had a bath since before we were married. Too bad, I love a good bath. Even though we are going to Taiwan where there are like 149 different hot springs, I doubt I will go in. Worried about heating up my lady bits too much. BUMMER. [I had one or two baths since...not too hot though. Stopped.