I took much inspiration from the recipe here, I gave it a few tweaks to suit my groceries at hand.
Here is how I did it:
- "1 cup" Zucchini (really I just threw my first zucchini from the garden in, however much that was)
- 2 ripe bananas (I think this could be 1 and still be ok)
- 4 eggs (protein, anyone? oh yeah!)
- 1T molasses (could be omitted - bananas are sweet enough)
- 1t vanilla
- 1/4cup peanut butter
- 1/2cup almonds
- 1t baking soda
- 1/2t baking powder
- 1/2t sea salt
- 1t cinnamon
- ~1/2cup carob (I just dumped a load in. I've learned to love carob. You can use cocoa, but I don't like the caffeine - and carob cooks up surprisingly well)
Now mix all the wet in your food processor. This includes banana and zucchini.
Mix your dry together. Then add wet. Mix.
Put in loaf pan, bake 30-60 min at 350'F. It is supposed to be 30min, but I think due to me adding a wee bit extra zucchini, I had to bake it for ~50 min. Who cares, it was moist and delicious and wonderful. Mmm.
I swear, you can bring this to a pot-luck/your in-laws, and they won't even know it is gluten/grain/dairy free and endometriosis diet approved!