Thursday, August 30, 2012

Pelvic Rest

7 weeks, 4 days

So I had a wee bit of brown spotting this morning.  I called the doc, and Nurse Cheese said it was ok, but that I should go on Pelvic Rest.

I was like, what the heck is that?  Well, pretty much it means no relations/tampons/lifting.  Ok, can do.  I think everything is still ok (hope!), but I was a bit nervous this afternoon.  Especially because today I haven't been tired/boobs sore/nauseous/dizzy.  And I'm crampy.  But Appleseed I think is still floating merrily away, for I am pretty nauseous now. 

Anyhoo, I'm going to take it easy tonight (ha!  like I wouldn't have anyway!), and going to try and be cautious for the next week or so.  I have another ultra sound booked on Wednesday - thank goodness I decided I want one!  Now I really want one.


3 comments:

  1. "But Appleseed I think is still floating merrily away, for I am pretty nauseous now."

    Not to upset you, but you can still have morning sickness AND have a dead baby inside of you. I found that out the hard way at my first ultrasound when I thought I was 8 weeks (but apparently the baby had died just before I was 6 weeks). I never saw my baby's heartbeat, though, unlike you, so I'm sure everything's fine with your baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not think the above comment was very nice. Definitely not supportive.

    I can understand your worry- I would lay flat all weekend if you could. No moving, seriously, just rest all weekend!!! I am going through the same thing..I can not wait for my ultrasound as well. Sending you prayers CS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah...I agree with St. Rita about the first comment. Not necessary. Reminds me why I took my blog private.

    And yes, rest is a great plan. Also wanted to mention that I've noticed other preggo bloggers say that when they stay really hydrated and drink lots of water, it helps curb the spotting (which, even if it is harmless and normal is still scary-looking!). And if the spotting is brown, it's old blood, which is reassuring, too.

    Sending lots of good wishes your way!

    Love,
    Maddy

    ReplyDelete

Appleseed grows

Lilypie Maternity tickers