I didn't really know I would need an appt to discuss IUI with the doc, but it appears I do!
When I called up the office to say I'd like to do an IUI next cycle, the lady was like, "Do you want injectable meds or pills?", and I was like, "Um, neither? Can I do a natural cycle?" and then things started to get confusing, and she suggested I book an appt to talk to Dr A about my options.
Problem is, he's not free until Sept 6th. And given my un-predictable cycle length, I could be anywhere from CD1 to CD5 on that day! Oops! DH was nagging me to call them earlier, and I was like "Why? I pretty much just have to call them on CD1, right?", but I think it isn't very common for them to do unmedicated cycles, so maybe a good idea to talk it over first.
Cause I'd like to take progesterone. I (and Dr Nora, more importantly) still think I have low progesterone in my luteal phase. And I'd like them to continue to cycle monitor me even after ovulation. Which they don't normally do. Can I whine and they'll do it? Dr Nora said she'd call them up and persuade them if need be - which is comforting, but does sound a bit dramatic, given that I think most medical docs think Naturopaths are just Shamans, I think he's likely to ignore her?
Well, let's see how this all shakes down. I like having a plan for next cycle, at the very least. Technically this will only be the second month DH's numbers are up, one could argue we should wait 3-6 months... but I feel that is too long if there are other problems that need to be addressed. And most importantly, September was our original cutoff (aka, trying for two years - we said we'd start pursueing adoption after two years, but now I'm not sure we're ready yet), so it is very important mentally to be doing something drastic.