Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve Meltdown

So within 5 minutes of walking into my parents tonight, I was crying in the bathroom!
Aish!  This is not Christmas-y!

It turns out my single step-sister will be getting the only spare bedroom (nice and private and away from every one), while my DH and I are in the living room!  Bah!  I was sort of upset, because we just get the shaft because we won't make a big scene and she will, but then I realized - this is another month gone!

Days 14 and 15 this month will be spent in the living room, right next to my parent's room.  No baby making for us!  :(  And day 13 was spent on the couch at my Aunt's in her living room.  So our odds are most likely not good, one would think.  Gee, good thing I'm paying for acupuncture for months when we don't even try to make the baby at the right time....

So I cried in the shower and I cried in the car on the way to church, and had to hold back tears several times during the Christmas Eve service (and I was in the choir, and thus facing the congregation).  Boo.  But I decided we should tell my Dad (about IF, not about ovulation), because really it was over reacting just because we didn't get the bedroom.  And the thought of telling him make me almost cry several times at church!  yikes.

My DH told him quietly in the car, and to his credit, my Dad said the nicest thing - "Wow.  That's maybe the hardest thing."  We didn't have time to talk very much, which is probably good, because I was all weepy, and I'm not usually the weepy sort (I know you won't believe it, but it's true!).  He's going to tell my step mom tonight...we'll see how that goes.  I'm hoping she won't mention it... she'll be full of suggestions and things....

I haven't cried at all during the last two weeks, I thought I was dealing with things well, but NOPE. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Appleseed grows

Lilypie Maternity tickers