Friday, December 24, 2010

Coventry Carol

Well, it is Christmas Eve, and I know us IFs tend to be pretty bummed out at Christmastime.  This is our first IF Christmas - last year we were still trying and hopeful that conception would be just around the corner.  Being our first IF Christmas, not our second, I think it making it much easier for us than some others.

So, to focus on people that had it worse than us, I bring you the Coventry Carol.   Now I remember in Sunday School when I was little, you hear about Herod slaughtering all the babies in Bethlehem, and I thought to myself, "Ho Ha!  They were too clever for him!  He didn't get the baby Jesus!", but now that I am a little older, I can think more about those Mothers that lost babies in this Massacre of the Innocents.

Which is worse than not ever having one of your own, I think.

So, if you're feeling gloomy, take a listen.  It always makes my eyes leak a little.

2 comments:

  1. hey Merry x'mas, at least we both know how it feels to be IF over x'mas, we are having a quiet evening just the two of us. dinner & movie afterwards. don't want to be around kids so no big family gatherings..can't handle it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas!!! :) Your Christmas just the two of you sounds very nice - after all this drama here, I'm wishing we were doing that as well! Good foresight.

    ReplyDelete

Appleseed grows

Lilypie Maternity tickers