So I'm becoming terribly anxious about jet lag on my upcoming trip. Um, prayer buddy, if you're there, could you knock a few my way about this?
I am NOT good with time changes. I got to bed 10-ish, sleep by 10:30-ish, up around 7:30-ish. Like, every day. Including most weekends. I am a fountain of good sleep hygiene. (Have been complimented on my sleep hygiene by my doc friend - emerg doctors work ridiculous 28 hour shifts, and thus do not have good sleep hygiene).
This means I'm not very capable of switching it up. This week I've tried to start changing my sleeping hours, to get ready for Shanghai... and it's been a moderate disaster.
Sunday night: Goal was midnight, only made it to 10:30pm. Fail.
Mon-Tues: Better, up until midnight. Still woke up at like 7ish am. Very tired. Very cranky, irritable, grumpy, in the evenings. Poor DH.
Wed: Best, up until 1am. Slept in until 8-ish am. Went for a walk at 11pm (11pm! Who goes for walks to the library at 11pm? Scandalous!), which helped keep me up.
So I've managed to do only a slight time change, and it's been super hard on me/us (as in, right now it is 11:30pm, I want to just go to sleep. No - must stay up until 1am.) How on earth will I do a full 12 hours?! I can't be grumpy and irritable around colleagues, that's just not cool.
I've done these huge time changes twice before in life - and I am one of those people that really does take a day for every hour of time change. I predict I won't feel ok until my second week over there. I also feel like someone punched me in the stomach when I stay up so far past my bedtime, and I don't just become irritable, I can easily descend into a mess, where I somewhat resemble a toddler. It isn't pretty.... I just hope it doesn't get that far.
In other IF news: today I saw Dr T. Last week we had talked about a grand review of my progress, which she did. We talked about it, and while some of my other symptoms have gotten slightly better, there hasn't been too much overall improvement. So we agreed, I am going to Dr Awesome when I get back, and from there we'll wait and see what he figures out (if anything).
She's with me on my thoughts on endo, so if he agrees and finds endo, only then I think I would go back to her for more treatment, for that specific case. For I seem to be stumping her.
Which makes me worry I don't have something simple wrong... if I have some obscure genetic issue or something, I'm out. We're adopting. But let's not get ahead of ourselves, shall we?