Wednesday, September 5, 2012

160 Appleseed

8w3d

So the good news is in - heartbeat is FINE!  160 bpm!  Appleseed is just fine!
YAY!  (and so cute)

DH and I celebrated by stopping by the library on the way home and picking up some baby name books!  FUN.  Not that we already haven't spent hours discussing baby names.... or, like, my whole life (from teenagerhood on) planning baby names! Hah!

Yesterday was a bit more of a tough slog - on the way to work I had to pull over and vomit on the road.  Ugh.  At least I made it to a residential neighbourhood.  And not in the car.  Ugh.  Then I hung out in the car feeling sick for a while, then I managed to drive home (still feeling rather sick).  Needless to say, I called in sick.  It took almost until lunch time to get me home!  I did feel a bit better in the afternoon and did some work and called into a meeting.

The doc said my placenta was slightly detached, but he said it was ok, nothing to worry about (?  I want midwife to reassure me.).  He could see another blood clot on the u/s, so he said I might have scary bleeding episodes now and then.  Yikes.

I was supposed to also have my first midwife appointment today - I was really looking forward to that!  But they called to cancel - she's delivering a baby!  Hah!  On her first day back at work, no less.  (She was off for 6 months).  I wonder how that works.  Guess I'll find out Friday.  So that means I WFH on Friday - this won't be the most productive work week ever.

So....do I spill the beans to my boss tomorrow at our 1:1 meeting?  DH thinks I should.  I probably should.  If she's in - she's got the flu.  We've been sort-of friendly lately....

8 comments:

  1. This is great news! But sorry you were so sick yesterday. I recommend you tell your boss tomorrow especially since you have a 1:1 meeting. Good luck! It will go well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just reading through your blog. Congratulations on your pregnancy! Did you conceive on a cycle with TEBB still present? It's a big issue with me right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent question! Yes, I did have TEBB in this cycle. I never got rid of it.

      Delete
  3. Yay good heartbeat!!!!!!!!
    And like you don't already have names picked out. I know you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love a strong heartbeat! Grow, little baby, grow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! What a strong little bean you have there!! So glad things are going well. I hope the placenta issue and clot resolve soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am just catching up- so happy to hear about your apple seed....keep growing baby!!!

    ReplyDelete

Appleseed grows

Lilypie Maternity tickers