Sunday, September 16, 2012

Telling the Boss

10 weeks!  (wow)

I was super nervous to tell my boss.  But on Thursday morning, as soon as I was in (and had eaten some crackers and cheese), I said, "Hey, can I talk to you for a minute?  In a meeting room?"

When we go there, my voice got all emotional and wavery, but I blurted out - "I have some good news!  I'm pregnant!"  (I'm still not used to saying that out loud!)

She was really happy for me.  I explained why I had been randomly 'sick' over the last couple of weeks.  Here is where I was nervous for - I was worried she was going to be all like, "I had twins so my morning sickness was twice as worse as yours, I would just throw up and shake it off and keep going, you should too."

BUT, instead she said, "Oh, I didn't have any morning sickness.  Poor you."  Phew!

And THEN we had some IF bonding.  She said she had IVF (which I knew already through my IF-sense), and I said yes, this had taken us a long time too.  Turns out it took both of us three years.  She had endo as well, so I told her I had it too, and that seems to be what fixed my IF issues.  Sounds like she had worse endo though (although things like the endo diet don't cross her radar).  In fact, sounds like she had really awful lady parts, she was SUPER lucky IVF worked for her on the first try.  Which she knows.

And there you have it.  I am glad I mentioned it - if I have to work from home next week, she'll know I'm not sick like with the flu or a cold, that I'm just out for a few hours.  I have been confusing coworkers, who are like, "Are you feeling better now?", because they assume I've had a cold.  Or when they're like "Are you contagious?", and I'm like, "Uh....no" (that would be great if I was!  I know who I'd hang out with!)

I can't believe I'm 10 weeks today.  You would think I'd be used to it by now, but it still surreal.  Even though it is early, we're slowly spreading the news.  It is super fun.  At the wedding we were at last night we didn't tell anyone, because DH feels we don't want to step on the toes of their happy day, which makes sense.  So I was just not drinking at all because I was the DD.  :)

2 comments:

  1. Glad that you told her and that it was okay!
    10 weeks!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on 10 weeks - wow!! Awesome! So glad it went well with your boss - yay!!

    ReplyDelete

Appleseed grows

Lilypie Maternity tickers