Saturday, January 7, 2012

2011 in review

I got this over at The Surprise of Unfolding (she was my prayer buddy this Advent), and I thought I'd take a crack at it.


Year in Review 

1. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don’t remember my resolutions from last year - that's part of the fun, always forgetting.
For 2012: No more refined sugar.  At all.  This includes High Fructose Corn Syrup.


2. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before?
An IUI (not fun!), Fall camping (fun!)

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Heck yes.  A good friend, another friend's wife, another friend, several wives of guys at work...

4. Did anyone close to you die?
No.


5. What countries did you visit?
China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan (haha - all sort of just china!)

6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
Get back to being more fit.

7. What date(s) from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Um...right now I've got nothing.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Tough question.  I don't really think I achieved very much - the year just sort of floated by.  Our home improvements are coming along, but that is mostly DH.

9. What was your biggest failure?
Not getting my husband a harmonica for his stocking stuffer.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
String of colds (maybe the flu) in Nov/Dec.  Some adrenal fatigue earlier in the year that I think I have beat now.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
New winter boots.  Hot!

12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
Feather's and I when we 'won' Nano.

13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?

The whole pizza is a vegetable thing.  I don't care how you slice it - the nutritional status of most children is sad.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Mortgage!  While I am still working with my golden handcuffs, we're trying to pay down the mortgage as much as we can - maybe one day I will go on mat leave and never return?

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Cousin's wedding, trip to China

16. What song will always remind you of 2011?
Party Rock Anthem by LMFAO.  It was just introduced to me recently - it is hilar.  It was the theme of our NY trip - the kids loved it as well ("the robot song!").


17. Compared to this time last year, are you: (a) happier or sadder? (b) thinner or fatter? (c) richer or poorer?
a) same?
b) fatter
c) richer

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Running/Gym workouts/Walking

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Watch TV! Netflix, you are my downfall!
 
20. How did you spend Christmas?
With my Mom and Aunt.  First time ever.  It was sort of a punishment for my Dad.  Back to Dad next year.

21. Did you fall in love in 2011?
Yes - with the Real Food movement.

22. What was your favorite TV program?
Fringe, Drop Dead Diva (super ridiculous), Glee, Murder She Wrote, Walking Dead

23. Do you hate anyone now that you did not hate this time last year?
I dislike this dude at work, but I don't hate him.  I'm not much of a hater.

24. What was the best book you read?
Heidi.  I loved it - I can't believe I never read it before.

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
LMFAO.  (Yes, I am aware that I sound like a teenager that has been let out of a cave she's lived in all year)


26. What did you want and get?
A fancy pickling crock, to make my own sauerkraut.  Check!  :)


27. What did you want and not get?
To get out of the rat race, live in the country, grow more things.

28. What was your favourite film of this year?
Rachel getting married.

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Went to a B&B that weekend - really nice.

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Well, duh - have baby.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
Hahha - personal fashion wha...?  I don't have those.

32. What kept you sane?
Blogging.  Friends.  CBC radio 2's Fresh Air.

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Shane from the L word.

34. What political issue stirred you the most?

The power major corporations have over our lives.

35. Who did you miss?
I always miss my Grandma, and I missed a good friend who moved to BC, and Feather who lives about 5 hours away, but wouldn't it be grand if we lived in the same city?
.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
I would have to say all the altos in my new choir.  I think they're all great.  My fav is midwife E, but also I find D's take on the world really positive and inspiring.

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011.
It is worth it to join an organisation (for me it was a church) to get to know your community more.  And that out of the cold patrons just seem to be guys down on their luck.

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Everyday I'm shufflin'  (as in, I keep going to work my lame job, no baby has yet appeared, rinse and repeat...)

3 comments:

  1. I love LMFAO as well....I walk around the house singing it....even my husband who doesn't like "new" music hums along....it's hilarious...although "I'm Sexy and I know it" is more popular in our house :)


    Here's hoping 2012 is fabulous for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post! Love it and I might do it myself if I can find the energy!
    Love,
    Maddy

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay Heidi! And Piper too. Obvi.
    All the best in 2012

    ReplyDelete

Appleseed grows

Lilypie Maternity tickers