Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Referral to Dr Awesome!

So I was visiting my family doc (Dr X) today to talk about shots for my upcoming travel to Asia.  I wanted to use this as a premise to go there, to really ask him to refer to me to a gynecologist to see about endo.

"You don't have endo" - Dr X
"Um... but arn't some patients not symptomatic?" I asked

He didn't really seem to think there was a link between non-symptomatic endo and infertility.  Ok-aaay...

He referred to the fact that my RE had done tests and so far they've all come out gravy.

I was all:

"But there must be something wrong that hasn't been checked yet, or I'd be pregnant now."  I said this a few times.  It did sink in, because he said

"If you want I can refer you to another RE for a second opinion."

"Yes, that sounds like a good idea." I said, while I am thinking - YES! YES! YES!

I have now figured the tricky referral system out!  YAAAAAYYYY!  I am so happy.  I feel like it is coming together.  I don't care how long I have to wait for Dr Awesome - and I can probably still see Dr Bad in the meantime, my family doc didn't say anything about only seeing one at a time.

I haven't been crying lately about IF related things, but I think I'm bottling it in - I had to hold back tears of happiness while I was waiting for my tetanus booster at the nurses station.  Woah, slow down there, CS!  This is just a doctor referral, but I'm SO HAPPY.  Ridiculous, I know.  Well, at least it adds some spice to the 2WW.  :)

Work is sending me to Shanghai for a week that will be tacked on to my HK/Taiwan vacation - and I'm looking forward to it.  A student is going with me, I'll be like his big sis on the trip, it should be kinda fun (he's never been to the far East - I've been to HK before, but never China or Taiwan).

Today at work there was another fire to put out, but I tried to keep it in perspective while my coworker freaked out.  Again, I could have probably done slightly better, but I was doing pretty well.  Even my boss' GINORMOUS baby bump didn't bother me today - seriously, she is huge.  Was it last week I even questioned whether or not she was preggo?  She is crazy big - she looks like she's like 5 or 6 months along...

3 comments:

  1. So great that you got that referral!!! Yay!!!

    Your trip sounds like fun, despite having to work for part of it. I sometimes wish I got to travel a bit for my job, but I'm in the wrong field for that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on the referral. And your trip sounds fab, am v jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Referral!!! Best of luck with Dr Awesome or who ever you get to see...I hope it leads to AWESOME things!

    ReplyDelete

Appleseed grows

Lilypie Maternity tickers